Saturday, March 12, 2016

Unlikely Allies By Pat Willis#224534

As we all know Faction Wars are fast approaching, many are making a mad dash to fit into alliances by deadline for fame and glory. The largest clan in the game The AFF (or the Affiliation) was recently dealt a blow by loosing prominent members to the newly formed Dragon family of clans. Likewise one of the oldest clan families in the game The Brotherhood was also dealt a few harsh blows by loosing prominent members to the creation of FUSION, add to that the various retirements that happened soon after and neither clan was in much of a position to do more than limp into  competition and hope for the best.

Well AFF leadership started talking to Brotherhood command and a cease fire was hammered out. To survive and be viable in the ever changing faction and clan landscape you must adapt. So the Brotherhood and the AFF have joined forces for this FW. No one knows for how long the alliance will last, or if it is just a one off. But it allows both clan families to fill their ranks where needed and hopefully attain a good placement once FW comes to an end.

On a personal note I cut my teeth in the AFF, I called Death's Collectors HQ home for a good long time before I joined the Brotherhood. Now I find myself back there among familiar faces, wondering how this mash up will fare in the grand scheme of things. Not only am I in there but my other editor David McCallum, of the Heroes clan family as well as said family as a whole,  is in as well. Of course David being who he is instantly walked up to me upon seeing me at the AFF HQ and asked me, " Why does my new barracks already smell like your socks?" I guess they gave him my old room.











Submitted by Pat Willis#224534