Friday, April 7, 2017

Galaxy Talk - Ep 1 By John Ringo #899287

Crappy 8-bit theme music starts playing while images showing various clan logos, mech in action and famous places around the galaxy fade in and out on the screen and then it fades to black after the photo reel is done. After a dramatic rise in tension from the theme music the show title fades in. The camera tightens in on a shadowy figure outlined from a soft glow from some back lights. The house lights come up and the figure is revealed to be a man of middle age in suit that was in fashion last decade.

John Ringo: “Hello and welcome to the first episode of Galaxy Talk. I am your host, John Ringo. Tonight, our panel will take on tough questions submitted by viewers like you. Before we get to our first question lets meet our panel. For our first panelist, we have Retired General Stryker. General thanks for joining the show and providing us with your thoughts from a military perspective.”

General Stryker: “Hello John and thanks for having me on the show.”

John Ringo: “Next we have Joan Glitter, former CEO of “Sparkle” fashion magazine. Joan, it will be interesting to see what you will bring to the discussion. I am not sure how well fashion relates to mechs and weapons but the network thought you would bring something valuable to the team so welcome to the show.”

Joan Glitter: “John dahling that is because you clearly have no fashion sense what so ever… just look at that horrible suit you are wearing. It is so plain and boring! It is so old it should be on a mummy. Right now, I do not care to talk about your silly robots and weapons as we need to talk about your wardrobe so I do not fall into a coma looking at you.”

John Ringo: “Well Joan this is what the producers gave me to wear so you should take it up with them. The last member of our panel is Chuck. The producers found him wondering around the lobby looking lost and gave him the job as our man on the street. Welcome Chuck.”

Chuck: “Uh, I am getting paid for this right?”

John Ringo: “Yes, whatever you and the producers agreed to when you signed on.”

Chuck: “mmmmm good. I like Gummy Bears.”

John Ringo: “Ok then. Moving on we have a view submitted question for our panel so let’s watch the video.”

The video monitor comes to life and the camera focuses in on a young man in a non-descript pilots uniform. The words at the bottom of the picture identify him as Grady Hassleon of the clan Mutt’s Revenge.

Grady Hassleon: “Hello, I would like to ask the panel why the guys in my barracks are always smearing things like stinky cheese and axle grease into my pillow and bed under the pillow case and sheets. Since I joined up with this unit a few weeks ago, I have not been able to get a good night’s rest. I am so tired that I am afraid I will mess up my first combat mission at the end of this week.”

John Ringo: “Sounds rough over there at Mutt’s Revenge. Ok who wants to take the first crack at this?”

General Stryker: “I will John. Son, clearly you are being put through a hazing ritual as the new guy in your unit. You just need to hang tight and get through your first combat run to prove yourself and then they should leave you alone.”

Joan Glitter: “No he needs to change his outfit. It is so boring his friends are trying the only way the know how to make it look better. Only mech jocks would think smearing grease and cheese on your clothing would improve it. Maybe if you try a few colors of paint or feathers you will wow them enough to leave you alone.

Chuck: “Cheese and grease sounds tasty. I am hungry…”

Chuck gets up and walks off stage towards the guest lounge

John Ringo: “Oh boy. What did I get myself into… The producer is signaling me we are all out of time. Thanks to our panel for their views tonight and thanks to our viewer Grady for his question. I hope the panel has helped you out. Until next time thanks for watching!”

The crummy theme music starts playing as the camera pulls back and the screen slowly fades to black.


Submitted By John Ringo #899287