Friday, June 3, 2016

Why Do We All Play By Pat Willis#224534

I was sitting here and thinking about it not that long ago, Why do we all regardless of level still keep going with this game? I mean compared to other mech games out there it's kind of simplistic, pretty straight forward, and is pretty much what it is advertised as, Mecha vs mecha game. I do not say this to down play any portion of MG so please don't get me wrong there. I just want to be clear on where I am coming from.

Yup, it's a simple straightforward mecha vs mecha game, complete with the little side scroll toons to go with it.  But isn't that the simple beauty of it? We don't have to worry about all this other character stat crap, no surprises really to the game, well outside of winning free mechas from missions. You log in, you do your missions, go to war, do your raid, rinse and repeat with some battles and KOTM in the downtime.

But we all have goals, hell to be honest it could be argued I didn't even start really figuring out mecha builds till into my 100's level wise. I've long since given up hope of joining Division 1, simply because I have visited that nightmare zone for a couple of Faction wars. You have to remember as you are trying to close the level gap to get to division one, everyone in division 1 is leveling and making the gap even wider as they take div 1 higher and higher level wise. So unless you power level your fool head off, have immensely deep pockets, or get an invite to a div 1 crew, just look and ohh and ahhh.

So it sounds pretty redundant, simplistic, and even off balance when you read it as I just laid it out. So what is the selling point, what is the goal, what is the end game? Depends on the player really, maybe they want an all niode line up, then all crystal, maybe they want that one mecha, to be in that one specific clan, to hunt the recovered mechas during missions. The answers are as varied as the individuals playing the game. But one thing holds true for us all as to why we keep playing.... it's friggin addictive and fun! So why do you play?

Submitted by Pat Willis#224534