Sunday, July 30, 2017

Intelligence Unit Equipment Review - By David McCallum #701548

I'm absolutely flabbergasted.

Never in all my life, and I can say this without a word of doubt, has my flabber been so gasted.

I'm scanning through the offerings in 105 ton range equipment, and I can't believe the absolute dross that the manufacturers are trying to palm us off with.

I've seen better stuff encrusted under John Ringo's desk (that chap has some unsavory habits, but that's just between the two of us, alright?)

Look at this... I mean seriously...

The Intelligence Unit.

This is a shear exercise in reverse psychology if ever I have seen it, and I've seen some things let me tell you. Including the underside of John's desk, and neither of these things are pretty.

It's like people who get toothache, then have to use their tongue to probe said tooth just to double check...

Or drinking a can of Irn Bru... it's just so vile, that you can't believe it possibly could have been that bad, so around a year later, you have to buy another can just to double check how awful it was the first time.

And you keeping doing that every year!!!

Like the aforementioned people, this unit is not intelligent!

Lest see what they are flogging it for (and I use the term because it's interchangeable with the suffix 'a dead horse'!)

85 Crystal, 2263 Ferrite and 1876 Bioptics; admittedly at this kind of level it is small change. But when you look at what you are getting, they may as well charge you a good hundy for a glass of water; a thou just to use the public restroom.

So, what do you get?

A Slow effect of 5, 4% rolling fire (or trample as you plebeians call it) cutting into the opposition second rank, a whopping 2% (yes, I have my facetious voice on..) chance of a double overcharge shot, and of course a 2% vulnerability to solid shot.

A VULNERABILITY!!!

How many times have we pilots said to suppliers not to give us kit that gives us a bigger chance of getting shot!?!?

Oh, here you are Mr Pilot, this is the best thing since sliced bread, it will let you win every fight, but, erm, just so you know, there's a teeny possibility it could get you killed. One in Fifty-ish. A statistical improbability. Don't let it worry you.

I would sigh heavily, but it doesn't come across very well in print. OK, just imagine that I did a really big sigh. See, your imagination shows you have more intelligence than this module.

I can only spell this out once more before I feel the need to nail my forehead to the desk.

Listen closely all ye manufacturers of low grade and useless equipment.

We Pilot Big Mechs.

We Want To Shoot Things.

Cockpit Equipment supposed to help us Shoot Things.

When I can borrow the wife's lipstick and draw a big cross on my windscreen with it and get more precise shots with that than your equipment, then You Are Doing It Wrong!!!!

Oh lord I need a drink now.


Patrick must have left a stash somewhere around here that hasn't been raided yet...