Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Editors Choice... by Pat Willis #224534 and David McCallum #701548

David: So Patrick thought we should do a few more paragraphs to summarise, because at the end of the day we are in agreement that this is one of, if not the best mech out there at present, even if its for different reasons.


Patrick:  It’s rare that David and I agree on things around here but when we do agree it’s usually over something special like the Antithesis mecha.

These mechas were introduced during the first Faction Wars back in 3282 by Dr. Drake during his clone armies push to take over the galaxy in the first post Faction War raid. The Brotherhood won the day, stopped Drake, and captured his mecha producing plant. As a reward for beating back Drake and his army everyone in the Brotherhood got one of these mechas before selling off the plant to Alpha Corporation.

I have had the Anti in and out of my lines since that time. I’ll get distracted of course by shiny new mechas that come out, and now and again put my Anti on the back burner while I try out a new mecha model, but I always come back to it. The reason for me always returning back to that model is simple, it is one of the most efficient mechas in its tonnage range.


David: We also have clan-mates who go on forever about this mech that they've just managed to get a fifty squillion percent damage bonus for, or have packed in so much freeze it could even make Patrick look cool...

I can't say anything like that about my Antithesii. I don't need to. I've piloted mine for the better part of a year and a half, and even though I was so cash strapped that the first one hit the field with mainly crystal gear, it just performed. No matter what line, no matter what position, it just drops into the formation and gets the job done with no fuss.

They perform so well that they just fly under the radar. Upgrade time comes around and they are overlooked. There is always something else that needs the boost more, another mech that needs a helping hand to stop it from being tonight's star victim.


Patrick: The main selling point for me is the huge dodge that can be put into this mecha. Put the right equip in there and this machine dances around incoming fire before coming in close to deliver the killing blow. They are adaptable to just about any combat situation or line up that may be necessary. They have some of the fastest weapons you can install on mechas, of course being projectile based.


David: From my point of view, the thing to remember is that sometimes what you see on paper doesn't translate onto the battlefield. We have all had shiny new mechs that look brilliant, but no matter what equipment load you give them, what weapons you arm them with or what position in your force you slot them into, they just end up being a disappointment.


Patrick: In my mind you just can’t go wrong with fast firing projectile weapons backed by build bonuses, amplified by equipment, and add in a huge dodge. Those factors alone make for a devastating machine, and it just gets better as it levels! I mean we really can’t say enough good things about having this mecha in your line up/squad.


David: New event needing a new formation? The first question isn't "what do I need?", it's "is my Antithesis eligible?"

I have 2 Antithesis in a formation of 29 mechs. When it comes to replacing that pair, there are currently 27 mechs ahead of them that will be getting shelved first.


Patrick: So what David and I are saying is simply, when you can obtain one do so! This mecha pays for itself many times over in combat. We have seen fit to give this mecha our very first Editor’s Choice award! Based on the fact we both find this mecha to be so versatile, and adaptable to just about any and every combat situation.


David: The Antithesis. It should give itself two thumbs up.... oh hang on, there's the weakness... it doesn't have thumbs!



Submitted by Pat Willis #224534 and David McCallum #701548