Thursday, October 8, 2015

My First Love Io The Inferno By Nathan Justin Weiser#817890

My First Niode mech, and one that is still a useful installment in my mecha line up to this day has gone by many names. From the fearsome to the sublime, all that matters to me is that my Inferno will always be with me. Currently named Io, after the Volcanic moon of Jupiter, it has always been able to dish out damage like few other mechs.

I originally received my Inferno during my first clan activity, a faction war alongside the lower leveled Exiles clans. As many did not wish to over level, I gladly ate through much of the raid with the mechs I had available to me, well equipped crystal mechs. The result surprised me greatly as I was expecting one of the more likely results, a fides or maybe even an megazome if I was lucky, but instead I was able to receive this immensely powerful mech.

It began it's life in my line up as a heavy splash mech, slamming the opponents lines with flames and barrages of missiles. It helped me tow the line through many early clan wars. The build called for great chances to create trouble for the mechs on either side of it's direct opponent by employing high amounts of multiplier damage through battle A.I., and shriekers. This allowed me to tear apart whole lines at a time with vicious efficiency.

Through time I found it was somewhat sadly lacking in it's ability to take hits without dropping out too soon to do any hard damage. With not enough chassis or shield slots and a number of bulkier and dodgier mechs coming about as competition, I had to find a new role for my original power house. And that was as an fire artillery. By placing it behind a line of 3 mechs at the bottom in a row of four, I no longer had to worry about keeping it afloat with auto repair and could instead go for an all out assault style. As I grew in level things changed and positions moved, but it still finds its self employed as a great artillery that is able to raze larger, bulkier mechs down to their frames.

To do this, it still employs many Niode equipment, with three battle ai's installed, allowing for its targeting system to locate the next step the opponent will take and to fire walls of flame just as they step into place for maximum damage and pinpoint strikes. It's legs are each equipped with dual untiam actuators allowing for it to skip and dodge around attacks even against the most high level opponents. Surprisingly, at its level, I find that niode equipment simply falls short in the engine department, and instead I have two pebble bed reactors for each leg working in tandem with the untiam actuators, allowing for it to hit you before you can even hope to lock on. And of course it is equipped with the best shields money can buy, allowing it to take the hits its opponents luck into hitting him with. As for it's weapon load out, the most recent Mechalympix found me in a very fortuitous range and I was able to equip it afterwards with mostly jubilee flares and liquid torches, which allow for it to burn its opponents seemingly every time. It is a vicious component of my line up with very much to offer.

For a full view of its capabilities, see the following:

Level: 45 / 45
Armor: 448

Fire Damage + 32%
Speed + 62
3X Damage 15%
Splash 10%
2X Damage 21%
Precision (36)
Dodge (64)
Shield (55)
Proj. Shield 28%
Ice Shield 38%
Fire Shield 28%
Laser Vulnerable 10%













Submitted by Nathan Justin Weiser#817890