Saturday, December 19, 2015

Hiding In Plain Sight By Pat Willis#224534

Knowledge is power, or so goes the old saying. Fact of the matter is, it is a true saying. I learned this once I joined the Brotherhood. It was then I found out just how much knowledge they had. The clan family had an in depth knowledge of Forerunner technology / artifacts, an instinctive comprehension of mecha build / design, and an intricate knowledge of enemy clan movements as well as politics. They have thousands of paid informants across the galaxy in every clan faction reporting in on a very strict schedule, informing them of new designs, technologies, ancient artifact finds, governmental working across the factions, and even early release weapons or mecha.

It is in this vast web of knowledge that I found my place in the Brotherhood. I used to be a reporter and editor for the A.N.N. (the other major galactic network), but have since broken off from them to start my own network here at Galaxy Gathering. It was during this transition period I got orders from Brotherhood command. I can't go into the full details but the basics were.... "Use your influence as a member of the press to gain access to areas we can not reach. Report back what you find, destroy what may threaten."

So my career as a Brotherhood spy began. At first I was doubtful that it would ever work, after all I am a known  member of the Brotherhood, and my Frigis mecha Frozen Dream has marked me with legendary pilot status. Pull all those things up on a I.D. scan in the wrong sector with the wrong faction, well the only way you are going home is in a casket. But to my surprise, as well as vast relief it worked. Again and again all my I.D. pulls up is that I am the founder/creator of Galaxy Gathering, so I register as V.I.P. press. No clan affiliation, no mecha to be tied to, just a member of the press.

Now why would I bother to blow my cover in releasing this information across the galaxy? Because it doesn't matter if you know. I'm there at major happenings in all the territories. I am gaining access to secret information, through my own network of sources. I am gaining access to technology by simply being there for a new release of a mecha, weapon, or equipment piece. No one notices when things get misplaced, or turn up missing at such events. They are too intent on the unveiling or demonstration at hand.

I am always there, always in the background, the guy holding the camera you see the galaxy through. I bring you the information you need and want. In return for this need of yours I take my toll in information, technology, and on occasion sabotage.  I am the press, I am something you can not live without. I walk among you unseen, hiding in plain site, through me the Brotherhood grows a little more. So you know who I am, it doesn't matter.



















Submitted by Pat Willis#224534