Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Mechas Outside Of Level Range By Pat Willis#224534

Should players have mecha that are out of their level range? That seems to be a tricky question to answer if you look at the players page. Some folks sit firmly in the camp of, "If you aren't that level you shouldn't have it!" Others say if you can grab it go for it, and the remainder simply sigh, shake their heads and scroll down the page looking for another topic.

I used to be one of the head shakers, didn't really care one way or another who had what. Now though that has changed. See now I am one of the people who is in possession of mechas not of my piloting level. This last Squad War out my clan got the gold, so the reward was a Slate, and a Pike. Now look in the shop, the Slate is available to levels 121 and up, while the Pike is for levels 128 and up, also at present if you fall within the proper level regulations the Pike is an option to win in the Mystery Vortex.

I sit at level 120, so it is a one level gap between myself and my Slate, and an 8 level gap for my Pike. Now of course purists will shout, "Strip him of those mecha!" But personally I say I have the skill point allotment to pilot them without kick back, so hey go to town with it.

See on the won mecha issue it has to be taken more in a case by case manner. I was in the proper division for my clan at the war, I showed up got my needed kills, and then some, lost fights, won defensive fights, point is I played in a legitimate division for my level. 

I didn't level jump to ride others success so I could get a mecha well above my pilot level, or go the opposite way with it and try and head down in divisions just to be a bully and get free mechas. See in those cases yes go ahead put restrictions on things, strip mecha, something anything! Why? Because the middle tiers and upper middle tiers are rife with sandbaggers.

Hey if camping is your play style more power to you, however if you've yo-yo ed on divisions to get mechas well above and out of your reach... well then you've just exploited the game and made yourself big and bad on a bunch of pixels yay for you. Oh and other players probably really don't like you for it either. But then again such folks wouldn't care about such anyways.

Basically what I'm saying is the mechas are out there to be earned yes, and as long as it makes sense for said player to have X mecha as a win, well great no problem. But when you run into players who aside from directly financially contributing to the game, have just about two of everything  under the sun, well then maybe it's time to re-evaluate how things are done.

A step in the right direction has been taken with the needed kills to qualify for whatever prizes in a war. However those have fluctuated from 8-2 and everything in between for prize requirements. So until we can get a solid locked number and keep it at such, whatever it may end up as,I think this isn't an issue that will go away any time soon.

So stop and think, the other person has mecha they shouldn't. Maybe they won it, maybe they donated to the game for it, maybe they snagged it from CW's before kill laws were in place, hell maybe they did the tech manual write up and got one free. Trust me it happens. 

Point is unless they have a full formation of 100 tonners at level 50, it really isn't that big a deal. Once you get out of those level tiers it begins to clear up into upper level players, and credit card warriors. Trust me you'll wish for campers by then.

Submitted by Pat Willis#224534