Monday, September 19, 2016

Regis Build by David McCallum #701548



You know how you go into a raid or a boss fight, and the way your luck is running, you are resigned to just getting the guaranteed items?


And sometimes, just on occasion, against all expectations you come away with something really really nice?


I had that in real life yesterday.


We have a local recycling store. they take a lot of old scrap, junk, off-cuts, manufacturing waste etc., and they break it down and categorize it for craft use. Its very popular for schools, cosplayers, modelers and the like. Anyone and everyone who is into crafts... its brilliant.


So we were headed down to have a rummage around for the youngest's school science project, and he was going to be making a model of a power generator. Cool, I get to scavenge techy parts, and as you know I'm not averse to the odd bit of modelling myself. Got to be lots of bits and pieces to make stuff myself, and I was of a mind to do a quick project, maybe some sci-fi terrain.


All I can say is that the raccoon gods were smiling, for in the reject toy section, I found what we would all consider to be the pinnacle of our raid haul.



Of course, I had to have it.





A quick scavenge of my bits box and I had managed to cobble together something that would pass for
the trademark shoulder weapon pods.





I love that first undercoat, because that's the point when it all comes together and the different parts blend into something that looked like it was meant to be a single model all along.





The only thing left is to make sure I use a factory standard colour scheme and there you have it... or rather I do, being the proud owner of a brand new Regis.


Submitted by David McCallum #701548