Wednesday, September 2, 2015

The new Century Festivity Pt. I By Alexandre Wei Lebedeff #16172

It's Year 3300.
Sees the Captain on the calendar hanging on the wall, January to be more precise.

“ Damn my eyes hurt, I hate this Rizpah dawn."

The Captain gets up from the bed and walk towards the room's window and gazes at the horizon.

“ What I've been doing this whole time..."

“ I think I've wasted enough time already.

The Captain has been out of action for 25 years now, After Clan Wars XVI fiasco He had little activity in the Mecha World, The Captain was felling unwell and decided to take some vacations at some Rizpah resort, Recently, Came to his knowledge that some festivity where going all around the Mecha Galaxy, Knowing that, The Captain decided to check what was going on and revisit some old friends.

“ Hmmm... Time for that ol' spiced at Cogwreck Saloon.

Ariving at Cogwerk Port, Grasp that nostalgic feeling of the unchanging aura of Cogwerk, Lowlifes, Black Market Dealers, Vulgar Ladies, And all the No Good Lads... A place that a pirate would call home.

Heading to District 45, The Home of the Drunkards, All you'll see in this district are Bars, Pubs, Saloons... Or whatever you call a place that sells some Booze.

At the end of the seventh corner you will find CogWreck Saloon, Frankly the place looks like an Anzu that has been chewed by a pack of Giguses, A really unpleasant look, But despite of the appearance, It's impossible to find a place that will offer you a better drink.

As the Captain enters, The Half-Blinded old Bartender greets:

- Welcome to the ol' CogWreck Saloon, A place were you can get your energy replenished.

The Captain aware of his blindness say with a wry smile:

- Hey, Old man, Gimme that Wrecked ol' Spiced.

As the Bartender Hear this words in the right tone, He forces one of his opaque eyes to open insanely, Almost like it's going to pop out of his face, And slowly leans towards the Captain, He kept staring at the Captains face for a few minutes, Then rapidly leans back and start.

- Hey, Are... Are you REALLY who I think you are?

- For sure it's me!... So you still remember?

- No, It's not possible... Wade?

The Captain confused.

“ Who the f... is Wade?!?

Old man stars again:
- Hmmm... Hmmmm... Carl?

- No

- Welton?

- Damn Old man, No.

- Oh it's you Larry.

The Captain irritated Hits the Bar, and Old man quickly Replies:

- You know the rules, You break anything here I'll put into your count Alexandre.

- So now you remember my name, I see that money always make you record stuff, Vito you are mercenary bastard.

Vito starts moving to take some cups and some beverage while talking:

- But hey, Weren't you retired?

- Nah, I'm never retired, I was just having some rest, So many things happened, I've made so much mistakes, Dang, I don't wanna talk about that.

While Vito pours the drink he asks:

- So what do you wanna talk about?

- Damn I wish i knew, You are the info guy around here, Give me something.

- Hmmm... There is something that might be interesting, As the new century just turned, There might be something quite festive at Andrew's Mechchop Shop...

- Hey what's that? Just that no more info?

- Shut up kid, Just finish a few glasses and head there, You'll find right away what I'm talking about.

The Captain patiently finishes his drink, Search dig deep his pockets to find some coins to pay for the drink, Leave some coins in the bar and start heading out, When Vito start saying:

- Hey!, I may be blind but I'm no stupid, Those bottle caps aren't even made out of Ferrite just gimme the damn cash.

- Oh gimme a break Old man, After I'll give you 1 ton of Ferrite, I promise

- Damn son, That's why this place look like crap... Well I'll that ton.

Almost exiting the CogWreck Saloon the Captain screamed to Vito:

- Hey! Old man, Spread the word, I'm back!

- To hell with that lad, Go and win some Circuits for yourself. And also wreck some havoc to be on the top lists and people will know that ur back.

- Hahahaha, I'll do that, Till the next booze Old man.

Roaming through Cogwerk, Captain greeted some old friends, Paid some debts with some pretty shady guys and was finally heading to Andrew's Mechchop Shop.

Strangely enough it was closed, Though there were some sounds coming from the inside, The Captain starts Scouting the place, He finds a chained door with a big and mean padlock on it.

“ Hmmm... I have an idea.

Without hesitation The Captain Draws his Laser Handgun and shoots the padlock and removes the chains, The door is kinda stiff to open and made a high pitch sound when opened alerting some people.

More than 10 Lads with Pipes, Wrenches, Hammers and other mean looking tools start approaching the Captain and he says:

- Hey fellas I'm kinda lost. Eh, Can you guys give me directions?!

One of the guys approaching says:

- Ah! Lost eh... Take that corner over there, It leads straight to... HELL!
*Swings an Iron pipe at the Captain.

The Captain went down, Smoked ugly and tied to a chair in... What it looked like a cleaning room.

As the Captain awoke, Some lads Started asking things:

- Hey fool, What do you want here uh?
- UH UH!!! Say something! Bastard!!!
- UUUUHHh?!?!?!

The Captain confused tries to say:

- What kind of moron makes an interrogatory like th...
*Receives a punch.

- Uhhhh Who is the Moron now EH?!

The Captain Start saying:

- Damn fool, If you punch me again I'll call my mom.

- Hahahaha look... What a baby lame ass, go ahead go call ur mum.

Suddenly the door slams, Andrew enters says:

- No don't do that, Don't call your mom.

The Lad confused say:
- The hell ur saying boss.

- Damn fool, Mom is a damn well equipped Gigus of his, Untie him now!

While the lad was removing the ropes from the Captain, Andrew started apologizing:

- I'm sorry Alex, those morons didn't knew you.

- Hmmm... Maybe that or your greeting methods changed eh.

Untied, The Captain stands up and starts walking toward Andrew saying:

- Well... That's past right? Whateva... But by the way, What are you doing here that Vito said it would be interesting?

- Hmmm... Follow me.

Traveling deep into some hangars, we arrive at a big sliding door, Andrew says:

- This is for the dawn of the century, this is a goldmine of sort.

He pushes a button and the sliding door start opening, Revealing, The amazing yet illegal rainbow that was there, Shocked the Captain says:

- Damn man, if the authorities find this you are dead meat.

- Oh and it is not only that, Come to my office let me explain my amazing plan.

Upon entering Andrew's office, He offers the Captain to sit down while Andrew grabs a handheld computer and start clicking to find something making annoying beep sounds, When it finally the beeping stops he gives a sly smile and start explaining:

- So I have a video showing my product, That soon will be aired at G.G. News TV program.

- Just like they will accept this illegal content.

- They don't have to accept.

- Uh!? How's that?

- I have a crew of Hackers that will Jam their signal while on air and show my video there.

- They will trace you back man...

- Tsc, I'm not dumb enough to let 'em trace me.

- Oh, They will and sometimes you can be real stupid or overconfident.

- That I know, But all they will find is a nice piece of nothing, you'll see, Believe me.

- Whatever, But don't count on me if there is no payment, Something useful or I'm out.

- Hmmm, How about a few Bioptics?

- Nope, no way.

- Ferrites?

- Man, You're really think your going to buy me with that?

- Alright alright, what about some free ants and some Hatorades?

The Captain gives a unpleased look.

- Ok ok, Some Niodes should do the trick right?

- Now we are talking.

After a while Andrew and Captain reach an agreement and start to initiate the plan, The Captain will provide help if the authorities start sniffing around.

It is night, The plan is about to take place, The Jammers are all set near enough the G.G. HQ, We are commanding the operation at a nearby abandoned house
Andrew looks anxious and The Captain start saying:

- Hey, Don't you think this is coming out too smooth?

- Yeah, After so much planning it should be this smooth.

- I still think it's weird.

It's almost time for the show to start, Andrew give some orders and check something, and say:

- Any minute now...

The G.G. TV News starts and Andrew give the order, The jamming starts.

Suddenly alarms start ringing, Something has happened, Andrew say out loud:

- Hey lads listen, We've reached our goal, Now scramble!

And whisper to the Captain:

- Let 'em see our product, I'm sure many many people will be interested.

- But hey, Haven't you said that they wouldn't find us

- Damn forget that and run, I'll find the traitor later...








Submitted by Alexandre Wei Lebedeff #16172