Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Fire Spray Weapon Review by David McCallum : #701548



Here's a word of wisdom for you.


If any person associated with the Bunny Clans invites you to a Burger Bar, there is a very good chance that quarter-pounder flame grilled Snavuurm patties with special sauce are not on the cards.


Pilot Jessica B Rabbit (who now serves with my old clan Heroes II) caught me out with that. The Bunny clans have a few strange ideas that have been passed down from the old Terra Nordic regions. So a 'thing' is not an object of nondescript persuasion, its an actual thing, which apparently is some sort of meeting.


A burger bar (she kept trying to tell me I had the pronunciation wrong, but I honestly couldn't tell the difference) is a type of thing, but it has different rules around membership. Something to do with family and gender I think, but since clans are like family without the awkward holidays and the female pilots tend to enforce gender equality at the end of a fifty caliber sidearm, I honestly couldn't tell the difference.


And to make matters worse, the only food on display at this burger bar (which is apparently a really important thing) was a half eaten bread roll with a note stuffed into it. She brought it to my attention because apparently I'm less reputable than any of our other pilots (way to win friends and influence people girl!) and I wouldn't laugh at how she came into possession of it.


According to her, it appeared from nowhere and landed in her cleavage region (which I was not allowed to examine) but the note had some strange symbols on it.


She reckoned it was from one of the Bunny's M.I.A. pilots and he was trying to make two way contact. I said I would pass it up the chain of command and asked if she had put a reply on a note between her wuzzbams as an experiment to see if it got back to the missing pilot.


That earned me the sort of look normally associated with the aforementioned 50 cal, so I left at that point to pass the information on as I had promised. And hopefully to get some form of food since I had skipped dinner due to the whole misunderstanding.


So after reporting to my superiors (and getting yet more scornful looks) I headed over to the firing range, heartily intent on satisfying my craving for something flame grilled in the meaty department. I was well aware that I had waiting for me  new relatively low powered but limited edition weapon that should suit my purposes.


The Fire Spray is, at least for a short while, the first fire based weapon that new pilots will have access to once they hit level 8, even before the Small Flame at level 17.


Currently costing 15 Niodes, 210 Bioptics and 270 Ferrite per unit or 60 Niodes for a five-pack, you get a flame weapon that has a damage potential of 31, speed factor of 106, a 7% splash rating and around a 50 to 1 chance of one-shotting your opposition.


Lets put that in perspective. You don't get fire damage like that until at least level 19 for a Niode weapon or 33 for Crystal. In terms of speed, its one of the fastest flame weapons there is, as well as being on par with a good bulk of the fast projectile weapons.


Splash is always nice, but you know what's really impressive? Since Galaxy Eyes are no longer available on the open market, you cannot get a crit-kill weapon until you have access to the exquisite Flavian Spear, and young pilots will need to get 5 times their level before they can buy those.


It's not a bad little weapon all told. And in the hands of a seasoned pilot, It does burgers and steaks up a treat.



Submitted by David McCallum : #701548